Re: [Gimp-user] Not moving layers

Steve,

You point out a problem I may have: I resized the entire image (it’s a fantasy map) so i could extend the
territory it covers. I thought I had resized the problematic layers to the size of the image, but maybe not.
I’ll check, and your work around is elegant. Most of the layers in the image are transparent to one degree or
another, and there are numerous small layers (city and other feature icons and their labels) that have to be
moveable until their location is finalized (this is a map for a series of novels, still being written.) I may
need to change the location or orientation of any of these depending on the demands of the story. Even the
terrain has to be mutable to some extent. Once things are reasonably finalized I can simply merge the layers.
Until then, I need to use your solution, or put registration marks in—maybe both!

Why this bug, or desperately necessary feature (And I think it can be considered as such—why on earth would
you not want the ability to fix a layer in place?) has not been addressed is beyond me. Admittedly, a little
chaos, now and then, is a good thing. It inspires creativity. However … ;^}

I remember there is some place to request new features. Must find and post in the most stridently polite
terms.

Thanks for your help! I have only a beard to tear out, and that is both more difficult and painful than the
scalp.

Ross