Re: [Gimp-user] GIMP stops working -- please help.

Hi JFL,

On Sat, 12 Sep 2015 18:27:05 +0200
Jean-François Lemaire <jflemaire skynet be> wrote:

On Saturday 12 September 2015 15:26:35 Pat David wrote:
Is there an antivirus running?  We've heard some reports of some antivirus
programs causing issues.  What about other processes/programs that are
running at the same time?

I experienced the same kind of problem with GIMP 2.8.14 under Linux
yesterday. I was trying to edit the levels of an image but the buttons of the
dialog weren't responding. I quit GIMP, retried: same behaviour. I didn't
have time to investigate the issue because I was at work but I will see on
Monday if it's still the same.

I now tried it with gimp-2.8.14-5.mga6 on Mageia Linux x86-64 v6 on XFCE, and
was not able to reproduce it. 2.8.14 was released over a year ago according to
http://www.gimp.org/ so the problem is likely elsewhere.

Regards,

        Shlomi Fish

Cheers,