Re: [Gimp-user] GIMP stops working -- please help.

Is there an antivirus running?  We've heard some reports of some antivirus
programs causing issues.  What about other processes/programs that are
running at the same time?

Can you boot into safe mode, disconnect internet, shutdown all unnecessary
programs, and then run GIMP ok?  If so we can begin to narrow down the
likely suspects...