[Gimp-user] What happened to Gimp?

Hi everyone,

Sorry if this is a rant. I've been on the brink of pulling all my hairs out over
the last couple weeks.

So I've been a heavy gimp user for years. And I have developed some amazing
graphics with this software. Loved it, preached about it and swore by it.

However, I recently purchased the latest Macbook Pro, OS Yosemite, and I feel
like my design world has been shattered.

The interface of the latest GIMP installed has been anything but pleasant. It
looks and functions very clunky. Everything seems so much more complicated. For
example, adding text has become a pain. There is a static box that hovers over
the text as you type and it is so annoying. It is painfully difficult to move
the text box around to your desired location, right now I have to drag the edges
out to move the text box.

To top all of this off, all my exported images come out blurry and distorted. Is
there a way I can get my old gimp back??? My livelihood depends on me creating
beautiful graphics and I am not ready to fork over thousands of dollars for
Adobe.

--
Belleo (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)