Re: [Gimp-user] Elementary question for an old mapmaker

On Fri, 27 Nov 2015 17:42:28 +0000 (UTC), petershea1 comcast net wrote:

I've read a summary of the GIMP drawing program, but it is not clear to me, if you can import images such
as scans, or Google Earth. Google maps, etc. Can you import an image and trace from it, or does one only
draw original subjects? I assume it has wide typographic ability for font and sizes??

GIMP is primarily a bitmap editor - you'll probably find Inkscape
<http://www.inkscape.org/> better suited for tracing.

--
begin  .sig
< Jernej Simončič ><>◊<>< jernej|s-ng at eternallybored.org >