[Gimp-user] Processing RAW pics?

I devide my workflow between Rawtherapee and Gimp. Correcting
exposure,
color temperature, whitebalance etc I do in Rawtherapee.
The rest, for instance levels, curves, crop, usm, text and everything
where
you need layers for, I do in Gimp.

Ruud

Ruud, thank for your advice and comments. I have decided to give it up and go
back to View-NX, where I can process my RAW files, save them as RAW files and
continue processing them at my convenience. Only after I am satisfied with the
results will I convert to JPEG. Granted, View-NX is a bit basic and it lacks the
sophistication of GIMP or Rawtherapee, but this constant messing about with file
formats is simply too irritating to me. As soon as GIMP is able to process RAW
in a normal manner, I will be back in a flash.

Kind regards to all,
Bert Vester.

--
Dutchbert (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)