Re: [Gimp-user] gimp-user-list Digest, Vol 41, Issue 18

From Bob Long <bob oblong com au>
Bodo Eggert wrote on 20/02/15 10:00:

first I need to grumble about the only-xcf-is-saving-misfeature. I
rarely have images where I need layers or other data, and even if I do,
I'll be warned. But I have to "export" it instead, and that leaves me
with no way to tell weather I'll lose my work by closing an image window
- and thus, I just had to redo a scan.

I don't understand why you would have had to redo a scan. If you are not
sure if you did an export, couldn't you just re-export the image?

I could if I wasn't sure, but I was sure.

The not-saved flag is supposed to help against being stupid (aka. human).

Anyway, try:

http://www.shallowsky.com/software/gimp-save/

Thanks. I think this will help a lot.