Re: [Gimp-user] opening 2.9.3 file in 2.8.14 (NOT)

-----Original Message-----
From: Jehan Pag?s

Yes but the question still remains: if you want to share a XCF, this
is usually for team working (or similar reasons involving others
wanting to edit your work). Then if you used a new feature, how do you
pass your work to someone with another version?

The first person will e.g. scan and work in 16 bit, do the color
corrections and pass on these images after converting it to 8 bit. The
rest of the work is done with 8 bits. Obviously there will be some loss,
but that's life.

(I had to use Debian oldstable for some time because the new kernel didn't
 work with my mainboard. So I would be the one with the old version.)