[Gimp-user] Script Dialog Boxes Not On Top

The only fix (more of a workaround really) I've been able to figure
out for this is to disable Single Window mode In Gimp's Windows Menu.
Then Script-Fu dialogs will appear the way they're supposed to. I've
tested this on Win7 32 & 64 bit.

I'm surprised no one has responded to this...and I can't believe it
hasn't been fixed. When I first started with Gimp it confused the crap
out of me until I realized what was happening. I can easily see this
discouraging newbies and cause them to abandon Gimp altogether. And of
course, for common tasks this can be a maddening issue.

Thanks for the reply.

You are right - if I select single window mode the Script-Fu dialog appears on
top and still appears on top after disabling single window mode - until I
terminate GIMP; the next time GIMP is run the dialog is not on top again.

This procedure also messes up the dimensions of the tool-box (that I have on one
monitor) and the main editing window (that I have on a second monitor) - the
cure is therefore nearly as much of a pain as the problem ;¬(

--
programmer_ceds (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)