[Gimp-user] Script Dialog Boxes Not On Top

Apologies if this has been asked already or is a known bug (I can't
find any references on the net) - when activating a Python script the
associated dialog box appears on top/in front of the image editing
window - when a Script-Fu script is activated the dialog box appears
behind the image window - necessitating a click on the tab for the
script in the task bar. For the occasional use this isn't a problem
but if the script is used frequently it is a pain.

Is there any setting that will cause the Script-Fu dialogs to appear
on top? Could this behaviour be changed in a future version of GIMP to
make the Script-Fu scripts behave the same as the Python scripts - or
is Script-Fu to become obsolete in future GIMP versions?

I am running GIMP 2.8.14 on Windows 7 64-bit with the toolbox on one
monitor and the image editing window on a second monitor.

The only fix (more of a workaround really) I've been able to figure out for this
is to disable Single Window mode In Gimp's Windows Menu. Then Script-Fu dialogs
will appear the way they're supposed to. I've tested this on Win7 32 & 64 bit.

I'm surprised no one has responded to this...and I can't believe it hasn't been
fixed. When I first started with Gimp it confused the crap out of me until I
realized what was happening. I can easily see this discouraging newbies and
cause them to abandon Gimp altogether. And of course, for common tasks this can
be a maddening issue.

--
Nightowl4272 (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)