Re: [Gimp-user] Questions regarding text and cloning

On Wed, 2015-12-02 at 23:43 +0000, Jeffery Small wrote:
I have a gimp layer with some text.  What I want to do is select the
text
and then clone a pattern from elsewhere on the drawing (from another
layer)
onto the text outline.  So far no luck.

Depending what you mean by the text outline, you could try
(1) make the text be black, preferably bold
(2) make a new layer above the text
(3) put your pattern on the layer above the text
(4) set the layer mode to "lighten only".

This leaves the text as editable text.

Liam