[Gimp-user] Strugglign with Smooth Edges

Why do you have the gray outline? Did you do the bucket fill on a
clean
layer?

The trick with the path tool is to use as few nodes as possible. The
more nodes, the more contrived the curve looks. In my version there
are
16 nodes for the main print and 4 or 5 nodes for each toe.The path is
also less contrived if the tangents on nodes are symmetrical (this is
automatic if you depress the shift key while dragging the tangent
handles).

I'm so sorry - I haven't had an email to notify me of your reply, just popped on
over to check your advice again! I can't remember what I did with that previous
attachment now, sorry. I am getting better with the paths tool at creating
smooth lines though - I just need to keep practising I think.

I really don't understand how to bucket fill the image though. Once I have done
the mask selection, I don't seem able to change the colour. Any ideas where I
might be going wrong?

Thanks again :)

--
NoWhizzKid (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)