[Gimp-user] Strugglign with Smooth Edges

I'm so sorry - I haven't had an email to notify me of your reply, just
popped on over to check your advice again! I can't remember what I did
with that previous attachment now, sorry. I am getting better with the
paths tool at creating smooth lines though - I just need to keep
practising I think.

I really don't understand how to bucket fill the image though. Once I
have done the mask selection, I don't seem able to change the colour.
Any ideas where I might be going wrong?

Thanks again :)

To be clearer, when I attempt the bucket fill, the image just changes to a
semi-transparent version of the original. I have attached so you can see what I
mean :)

Attachments:
* http://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/150/original/bucketfill.png

--