[Gimp-user] Gimp 2.8.2 - EPS Support

GIMP 2.8.2 and later no longer use the GS_PROG variable to detect and
load GhostScript. It uses a DLL instead.

If you have a 64 bit operating system, 64 bit version of GIMP 2.8.2 or
higher, and GhostScript 64 bit then try this:

1) Back up the libgs-8.dll file in the GIMP bin folder.
2) Copy the gsdll64.dll file from the GhostScript bin folder to the
GIMP folder.
3) Rename the copied gsdll64.dll file to libgs-8.dll.
4) Restart GIMP.

Enjoy!

Thanks a heap.   My system died on me a little more then a month ago (so I now
have a new computer).  Only new did I need to open an EPS file in GIMP and it
would not open.  Your trick worked great (of course I first had to re-install
Ghost too; lol).   :)

--
Lyle (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)