[Gimp-user] (no subject)

Hi Fellow users

I have a problem using the 2.8 system.

When I select a photo to edit i.e remove the background I use the free select tool I pick out the parts of
the photo that are required, then I hit the delete key on the computer what happens next is that it removes
the photo and leaves the background.

I am a new user am I doing something wrong , is there a correct sequence that I have to follow to remove the
background.

I forgot to say that the photo has the alpha added before  I tried to remove the background.

Anyone help me on this I would be most grateful.

                                   Regards

                                       Alan

p.s incase anyone can help this is my e mail address      alan_cook9 yahoo co uk

Sent from Windows Mail