[Gimp-user] Image portion select and drag.

When one single image is open, how do I:

1. Select one small portion of the image and drag it? I tried using the select tool and can't make it work.

2. Negative or reverse color polarity. Ie: reverse color profile.  White to black. Black to white for
example.

3. Flip or mirror an image so that I can surround a center image with 2 mirror images of a second graphic on
each side?

4. Paste into one image a 2nd imahe and manipulate them. Some programs you have to flatten the images into 1
image and then proceed to select a small portion of the greater image to drag, resize, etc to position next
to the other image.

I have attached an image as an example. This was originally several images I had to drag and resize and drop
in and alphabetize, reverse color profile on the "equalizer" image portion then mirror image it to use for
left and right positioning. I had to resize the crown while it was inside the greater image. I found all of
this quite difficult to do with GIMP or not all able to be done per my knowledge of the product. It was very
frustrating.  I spent 2 hours trying it with GIMP, but gave up and used another program on a friends laptop
on 20 minutes.  I am very excited about gimp and want to learn more.

Joseph L. Noel
515-964-0988: Ph
515-783-4166: Mo
www.linkedin.com/in/joenoel

"Try not to be a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value."
-Einstein, Albert