Re: [Gimp-user] gimp users matter

On Thu, 2014-01-09 at 21:43 -0500, Helen wrote:
 I think I will have to
give up because I can't seem to find the right words to make anyone
understand.

Helen, people do want to understand.

The one thing I can think of you might mean is this:

(1) have several images loaded into gimp
(2) make one of the images have transparency, or multiple layers
(3) export that image to JPEG, and have "preview" enabled
When you do this, GIMP makes a temporary image for the preview; this is
new behaviour, it used to add a layer onto the original image.

When you click OK to export (or save or whatever you want to call it),
that temporary image goes away, but instead of returning you to your
image you were editing, you get taken to some other random image that
you have open, so it looks as if the image went away.

Could this be what is happening to you??

Liam

The barefoot typographer