[Gimp-user] Can't save bug?

All of a sudden after pasting from another .xcf file (which I had just
10+ times with no similar result) I moved the pasted part, the image
was pretty much finished and I went up to click file>export and
everything between "open recent" and "quit" in the file menu was grey.
No chance to save or export and it appears half an hour of work lost.

Are you using Ubuntu Unity? If so this sounds a lot like a known bug:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/unity-gtk-module/+bug/1263205

Try using something other than Unity (e.g. KDE, LXDE) or run
   sudo apt-get remove indicator-appmenu
to disable this "feature".

--
gmatht (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)