Re: [Gimp-user] Beginner question

On Mon, Feb 10, 2014 at 5:34 PM, Dave W. Favor wrote:
Thanks Alexandre, I will get the hang of this.  Of course it turns out
to be not as simple as I first thought.  What we want now is to put a
logo on one corner and some text.  I have not figured out how to open
multiple layers

File -> Open As Layer :)

Create separate files for both logo and text in PNG file format with
transparent background (it's a setting in the New File dialog). Then
use "Open As Layer" and add those two files, then use the Move tool to
move those layers around.

Alexandre