From: gimp-user-list [mailto:gimp-user-list-bounces gnome org] On Behalf
Of Alexandre Prokoudine
Sent: Monday, February 10, 2014 4:36 AM
To: gimp-user-list gnome org
Subject: Re: [Gimp-user] Beginner question

On Sat, Feb 8, 2014 at 11:22 PM, Dave W. Favor wrote:
New to GIMP. I want to try and add a simple text on top of a photo.
Probably two layers, one with a background photo and one a layer I can

type a message on.  What tutorial would I read to get started.

1) Open your photo.
2) Choose Text tool on the left (the T icon).
3) Click on the canvas where you want your text to start
4) Type your text
5) Select it with a mouse, change font, font size etc.
6) Export as JPEG

That is really all :)

Alexandre