Re: [Gimp-user] Colour swapping advice

You might want to try using color to alpha.
Colors > Color to Alpha

To fine tune it you can use the curves tool.

Something like this maybe.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/93550827/temp/c2a.ogv

On Sun, Dec 28, 2014, at 06:27 AM, Chris1968 wrote:
Hi all,

I am planning to build a website over the coming weeks but I want to make
some
custom images albeit slightly basic ones. My first image project would be
the
banner for the home page for which I already have an image which I will
attach
to this post.

It is a simple two colour image of a pentagram. The pentagram is black
against a
white background but I want to change the black to a shade of gold maybe
and the
background to a shade of black. Rather that editing it pixel by pixel
there must
be an easier way by using gimp to alter the pentagram's colour and the
background colour.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Chris

Attachments: