[Gimp-user] Problem with colorify & Hue-Saturation

I have an RGB image (as set by Image-Mode) which is currently black & shades of
grey.
I want to alter this, in its entirety, so it is blue & shades of blue (a
specific colour of blue).

I have tried to vary Hue-Saturation and to colorify (manual says colorify should
work on RGB) but although the tools come up on screen, when I adjust the colours
in the dialog box my image does not change (I have preview turned on).

--
OonaghG (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)