Re: [Gimp-user] recording changes

On Sun, Apr 6, 2014 at 6:52 AM, Gary Aitken wrote:
I'm frustrated by large storage requirements for xcf files resulting from
processing many jpg image files.  The processing is typically pretty simple,
crop, curves, with no touch up.  I don't mind the xcf size for images which
required a lot of detail work, but it's crazy for the majority of them.
Things which a raw processor encodes in a few KB turn into 60 MB; an 8x
factor over the original file size.

Are there any plugins, or is any work being done / planned, on some means to
save (even a selected set of) operations so the result can be reconstructed
from the original?  It would save me many GB of space.

Gary,

We don't like it either, which is why it's planned for the future.
Some foundation has already been laid for that in the code, but it
will take time. As we are volunteers, not paid developers, we can't
tell you, when this will be available for end-users.

Alexandre