Re: [Gimp-user] scanner

Since all is 32-bit, you should not be having any issues. As a test, can
you try VueScan and see if that helps you? You can download a fully
functional trial from here:
http://www.hamrick.com/vuescan/nikon_coolscan_iii.html

HTH,
Partha

On Mon, Sep 23, 2013 at 10:57 PM, westendr <forums gimpusers com> wrote:

Can you provide some details where you say "also no luck"? What
exactly is
no luck?

Are you a a 64-bit Gimp or 32-bit Gimp? Do you have Windows\twain_32
or
Windows\twain_64 with the appropriate ds files for the scanner in each
folder?
No luck means editing the path statement or copying the Nikon files into
gimp/bin did not work. Every thing is 32 bit.
What I find hard to believe is there is a very detailed Gimp help file on
how
to use a scanner and dozens of emails wining about the location and method
get to it, and nothing about the problem I am having. At the Adobe
(Photoshop)
Users site, there are dozens of people with the same error message
relating to
dragnkl1.dll file... And no fix there either. So the problem seems to be
film
scanner/software and any photo management software.

--
westendr (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)