Re: [Gimp-user] Restricting tool movement along a single axis

On 10/31/2013 05:57 AM, Brendan Scott wrote:
On 10/31/2013 06:57 AM, scl wrote:
On  30.10.2013 at 12:34 A.M., alemelo wrote:
So bad (and strange) that a pretty simple function hasn't been
implemented yet.

thank you Alemelo for bringing up this topic.
Let's not stick with complaints, sitting back and doing nothing.
The usual way to at least increase the chance that it will be in
GIMP at sometime, is to discuss the need and requirements and
file an enhancement request. In later steps it could be regarded
in a UI specification and become implemented.

So, let's begin with the first step:

Are there more GIMP users (especially some who use GIMP often)
who need this?

I haven't used Gimp a lot in the past, but I plan to in the future. Restricting movement to just one axis is a feature I would very much want and use.

Elle