Re: [Gimp-user] 2.8 toolbox

On 10/20/2013 01:04 PM, Alexandre Prokoudine wrote:
On Sun, Oct 20, 2013 at 2:50 PM, rosea.grammostola wrote:
Hi,

Moving from 2.6 to 2.8. I was used to the toolbox displaying extra options
for a tool, lets say text tool (font, position, color, etc.). But using 2.8
I don't get these options (there is only text saying 'drop dockable stuff
here'.
You can reopen tool's options dialog via Windows ->  Dockable Dialogs
menu and then dock it wherever you like.
I see, all though I don't know how to dock it.

Also the text tool seems to have changed, now displayed in the canvas. Apart
from missing the options mentions before, I find the text tool is covering
my workspace in an unpleasant way atm.
Being able to directly format the text without going to the sidebar
and back all the time is unpleasant?
There are also advantages of it likely, but the fact that it covers the canvas and is not sticked at one position is something I experience as unpleasant in workflow. But alas, I'm not experienced in this, all though I've pretty some experience with other multimedia software.

\r