Re: [Gimp-user] Gimp Photoshop brush setting for Gimpshop

On Mon, 2013-10-07 at 22:16 +0300, Crs Mrn wrote:
Hi. I would like to see some features in Gimpshop: customising brushes like
in Photoshop. You know that in that software, the brush tab reveals some
settings such as size jitter, dual brush etc.

This list is for gimp, not gimpsho (or maybe you are on a forum that's
gatewayed to the gimp user mailing list). None the less, the tool
options for the paintbrush in gimp does include jitter and size; if you
make an editable brush in gimp you can also link the brush size to
tablet pen pressure or angle.

I would like to use all these
settings in Gimp. I have bought a book with a CD with some brushes for
texturing from Marta Dahling.

Was Marta's book for GIMP or for Photoshop? There are plenty of good
books about Gimp.

If brush editing for Gimpshop
would be the same as in Photoshop,

As which version of Photoshop exactly? Gimp isn't trying ot be a
photoshop clone - if you want photoshop, buy photoshop. You are asking
for people to do months of programming work for free because you bought
a book with some brushes you like? Then Adobe will come out with a new
version of PhotoShop and the interface will change, and you'll expect
people to jump and do it all over again?

Learn how GIMP works today first please. There are lots of people who
will help you with that.

Liam