Re: [Gimp-user] Framing Pictures

* Reinhardt Christiansen <rhino1 sympatico ca> [11-15-13 18:13]:
I would like to add "frames" to some of the graphics I'm using on a
website.  The frame I want is really just a white border of 8 or 10
pixels on each of the four sides; the pictures will all be rectangles.

I tried doing a frame like this in Gimp 2.8 (in Windows 8) earlier today
and couldn't think of a way to do this very easily.  I thought about
drawing a white line along the edge of each side of the rectangle but
didn't know a good way to draw a straight line of the desired thickness
exactly where I want it.  I thought about using the eraser to turn the
edges white but that seemed clumsy.

I'm guessing there is a much simpler way so I hope someone can tell me
what it is.  :)

Have a look at ImageMagick.