[Gimp-user] gimp colors

I've been trying for days to print a small 4x6"  picture that I drew in gimp.

I've even spent quite a bit of $ putting new print cartridges in my printer, even
though they were not empty.  Just trying to cover everything I can think of.

The picture just comes out pink.  There should be no pink in this picture.
I have lots of trashed pages printed with Gimp, one with LibreOffice tex,
one with LibreOffice Draw.  There are also thin vertical white lines on the
print.   It looks fine if Print Preview.  All settings on both file and printer
are set to "Best".   RGB color.

Using Linux, Suse 12, gimp 2.6.11,  printer Epson Stylus 1400.  Thanks
for any ideas.