Re: [Gimp-user] gimp colors

Hi Helen,

On 07.05.2013 16:59, Helen wrote:

I've been trying for days to print a small 4x6" picture that I drew in gimp.

I've even spent quite a bit of $ putting new print cartridges in my printer, even though they were not empty. Just trying to cover everything I can think of.

The picture just comes out pink.  There should be no pink in this picture.
I have lots of trashed pages printed with Gimp, one with LibreOffice tex,
one with LibreOffice Draw. There are also thin vertical white lines on the print. It looks fine if Print Preview. All settings on both file and printer
are set to "Best".   RGB color.

There are a lot of possibilities - it can be GIMP, Linux, your printer or other stuff.

I would try this:

- export the image as a JPEG, in the original size and good quality.

- import that image into a Libre Office text document with the size of your paper as the document size

- print that from Libre Office.

If this comes out OK, GIMP is the culprit, if not, then it's Linux or your printer. These white stripes can be caused by a not properly aligned print head.

I hope this helps!

Rolf
http://meetthegimp.org