Re: [Gimp-user] How to flatten images of book page

On 03/21/2013 12:17 PM, Rob Antonishen wrote:
I wrote a plugin to correct such distortion by drawing two paths:
http://registry.gimp.org/node/19214

Here is a sample I ran on the page you provided:
http://www.majhost.com/gallery/ffaat/gimp/more2/corrected.jpg

I had to use it twice, once to correct the horizontal page bending,
and once to correct the camera barreling after rotating the image.

Very nice!

In similar cases I have used the Perspective Tool in "Corrective
(Backward) mode to square up warped photos-of-photos and documents,
sometimes followed by running Filters > Distorts > Lens Distortion
against all or part of the image.

The Distortion Correction Between Paths plugin adds another useful
tool to the "bent document correction" arsenal; my initial
experiments seem to indicate it will be especially effective with
photos of pages in books and similar geometries.

:o)

Steve