Re: [Gimp-user] aliasing in vector images

On Thu, 2013-03-21 at 12:11 +0100, sonicbluegt wrote:
[...]In Inkscape, I can resize the image to be 1024x1024, zoom in, and it
"redraws" the image with no aliasing (as a vector should).

However, when I do the same in GIMP, it aliases, as though it's no longer a
vector and is drawn as a raster image instead.  I understand that GIMP is
raster-based.  I guess I was just thinking that when it "opens" a vector image,
that it's still in vector format instead of being rasterized.

No, it's rasterized.  You can import SVG as paths if that helps.

Is it possible I'm missing a plugin or something since I updated GIMP?  Would
installing Ghostscript or GFig on my machine solve my problem?  Or is it
possible that nothings wrong and I'm trying to do something that's just not
capable?

Rasterizing is normal behaviour. Opening SVG in GIMP at a high
resolution helps a little.  I don't recommend using GFig, and I don't
think it can do SVG (when it can do anything at all).

Liam