[Gimp-user] Fixing Deleted Left Behind Lines

Dear Gimp,

I absolutely love the program I am just trying to figure something out. When I start a new project and I
start editing the photo (i.e. drawing on it with the paintbrush) I encounter a problem when I try to select
certain colors and delete. So lets say I have three colors in my image. I do a little drawing and editing on
my image and then I want each separate color to be a separate layer. So I select two of the colors and delete
them. Any things that isn't that third color or where the two colors I deleted used to be now has these
"editing lines" is what I want to call them. You can see faint lines where I had made slight changes to the
image with lets say the paintbrush. HOW DO I GET RID OF THOSE LINES? Some help would be much appreciated.
Thanks.

Thomas