Re: [Gimp-user] Gimp 2.8.6 Windows - Queries new Plug-ins at every startup

On Wed, Jun 26, 2013 at 10:40 AM, Michael Schumacher <schumaml gmx de>wrote:

Yes, it does that. But in order to avoid querying plug-ins that haven't
changed, their modification time is compared to the cached values. The
whole query is hardly noticeable on a modern system except on the first
launch (and launches after an upgrade).

Regards,
Michael

Ah, indeed - I should have been more specific: 2.8.6 runs each plugin on
every startup to load the information for pluginsrc, as though it were a
new installation.

I've only tested 2.8.6 on Windows, but I'll try it out on Linux soon to see
if the same thing happens.

Best,
Jesse