[Gimp-user] How to colorize image

Thanks for your reply Liam. Sorry I didn't include enough information. I was
just trying random things so didn't think it would be very helpful.

In any case, I tried two different methods but neither worked:

1. Added a layer on top with the solid pink color and changed the Mode to color.
This leads to the white and pink image  (white background) (see attached). I
merged down the the pink layer and then tried inverting hoping to swap the
foreground and background color of the image but I learned that is not what
invert does.

2. I also tried the colorize tool on the greyscale image. Again, I get to the
same pink image with white background (why doesn't colorize change the white
color?). Again trying to invert this does not lead to what I am looking for.

I wish I could remember how I did it last time but I was just randomly trying
things. I would really appreciate if you can suggest a way to swap the
foreground and background colors once I have the pink/white image attached.

Thanks a lot for your help!

Note that the first step is to change the image mode to RGB (go to the
Image menu and select Mode, then RGB).

If this isn't it, you'll need to give us more details - exactly what
did
you try, what did you expect to happen, what actually happened. Be
precise and clear enough that someone else can follow your steps. That
way we can help you :-)

Liam

Attachments:
* http://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/39/original/pink_foreground_pattern.png