Re: [Gimp-user] Rescale Tool - Layer Mask Added

When you try to rescale a layer using the Rescale Tool with a layer
mask
active, it scales of the mask, likewise if you select the layer it
will
scale the layer. Can I select both the layer and layer mask and scale
the layer, thus it keeps the layer mask showing the desired masked
area
only. As the only way I can see currently is by applying the layer
mask
on the layer and then you can see the layer/s below to get the scaling
that is desired. But I would like to keep the layer mask active for
editing after scaling.

The behavior of scaling a layer with a layer mask is indeed very strange (it
also creates a floating selection for some reason?)

There's a workaround though (two workarounds, in fact)

1. Put your layer inside of a layer group, and scale the layer group. This will
scale both the layer and the mask.

2. Link your layer (in your layer dialog there's one column for visibility and
one for linking). Again, this will cause all transformations to be performed on
both the layer and its mask. Just remember to unlink it when you're done with
it.

--
Grue (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)