Re: [Gimp-user] Technical issues with recent mails (was: Re: A sad case of regression ?)

I'd noticed the broken threading too and saw this from "." = David Russel
No less than six digests were waiting to be read this morning, almost
entirely cluttered with this nonsense.
I think that explains why every message from him starts a new thread (also with subtlety different subject lines). At least he edits his subject so that it doesn't read "Re:[Gimp-user] Digest ....". I don't know any way to maintain threading when participants are receiving digests and this is why I always request individual emails. GMail does a slightly better job of keeping things together but it shows 5 "threads" with respectively 9, 1 (this one), 32, 25 and 18 each.

Regards ... Alec   (buralex gmail&  WinLiveMess - alec m burgess skype)

On 2013-06-15 08:34, Michael Schumacher wrote:
I'd like to point of some issues with a few of the recent mails:

1. Broken threading

Some users apparently reply with mail software which breaks threads, e.g. does not add In-Reply-To: / References: headers to sent messages. This starts a new thread for that message. Users 'Crew' and '.', please check your application settings and ensure that replies are threaded properly. The latter user is also advised to change the name part of the mail address, in order to not be caught by many spam filters.