Re: [Gimp-user] new to Gimp

On 14.06.13 at 06:27 AM Joyce wrote:
But, how do I get rid of the white box left by the selection/crop and re-color in the background.
What exactly do you mean? A white rectangle around that face?

Also the
version I downloaded (GIMP 2.6.10) does now have the drop down box on the right of the image screen – all
selections & tools are in a drop down to the left.
You can drag the dialogs around and put them in place where you want them, see http://docs.gimp.org/2.8/en/gimp-concepts-docks.html.

Is there a newer version than what I have?
Yes. The latest version of GIMP is 2.8.4. You can get it from
http://www.gimp.org/downloads/ or - for a Windows version -
from http://gimp-win.sourceforge.net/stable.html.

Kind regards,

Sven