Re: [Gimp-user] SOLVED: export vs. save menu in gimp2.8 - simple and lasting solution

Richard Gitschlag <strata_ranger hotmail com> writes:

There's much to be said for the new behaviour. It would be better if
Ctrl-E just used the filename and properties from the imported file. The
first time it may even show a "File exists, overwrite" dialog.
Currently, Ctrl-E and Shift-Ctrl-E open the same export dialog, which is
a waste.

Y'know, I cannot think of any situation in my personal workflow where
Ctrl+E versus Ctrl+Shift+E creates a tangible difference in behavior.

Well...

  gimp image.jpg
  make some changes
  Shift-Ctrl-E
  <File selection dialog> Enter
  <Overwrite existing file> Enter
  <Export image as JPEG> Enter

Compare this to:

  gimp image.jpg
  make some changes
  Ctrl-E
  <File selection dialog> Enter
  <Overwrite existing file> Enter
  <Export image as JPEG> Enter

Spot the difference? Right, there's none.

For simple editing, it would be beneficial if the latter were:

  gimp image.jpg
  make some changes
  Ctrl-E
  <Overwrite existing file> Enter