Re: [Gimp-user] still boring export - save as - discussion

Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2013 05:54:13 -0400
From: ptilopteri gmail com
To: gimp-user-list gnome org
Subject: Re: [Gimp-user] still boring  export - save as  -  discussion

Just noticed that there is a new, at least to me, menu option under
"File", "Overwrite <original-file-name>", which effectively accomplishes
the action desired by those unable to adjust.  Perhaps an attempt has been
made to lower the noise ratio here.

That is precisely what that command is made for -- exporting back to the original non-XCF file with a minimum
of prompts and dialogs.  JPG's will still prompt you for compression options the first time you click it, but
a lot of pixel-perfect file formats will be able to output straight back with no interruptions.

HOWEVER, it is interesting to note that despite appearances, the "Overwrite" and "Export" menu options are
actually different commands internally and only one of them gets the Ctrl+E shortcut.  This was apparently
deliberate, but I know I don't entirely like it.

-- Stratadrake
strata_ranger hotmail com

(paka)Patrick Shanahan       Plainfield, Indiana, USA      HOG # US1244711
http://en.opensuse.org                           openSUSE Community Member