Re: [Gimp-user] still boring export - save as - discussion

* Alexandre Prokoudine <alexandre prokoudine gmail com> [07-29-13 07:16]:
On Mon, Jul 29, 2013 at 1:54 PM, Patrick Shanahan wrote:

Just noticed that there is a new, at least to me, menu option under
"File", "Overwrite <original-file-name>", which effectively accomplishes
the action desired by those unable to adjust.  Perhaps an attempt has been
made to lower the noise ratio here.

It's been available since the very beginning, Patrick.

Your observation makes me wonder how many people actually understand
what they discuss.

Guess I just never took time or had need of it.  I have no problem with
the "new" way, it's just different.  I had to adjust the file-name before
to *not* overwrite and seldom worked on jpeg files.  Jpeg files are to me
something to show or display on my web site, I mostly shoot raw and
convert.

What bothered me the most of 2.8 was the change in "Shrink Wrap" and "Fit
Image in Window".  But this is an effect of old finger are hard to retrain
:^).

tks,
--
(paka)Patrick Shanahan       Plainfield, Indiana, USA      HOG # US1244711
http://en.opensuse.org                           openSUSE Community Member