Re: [Gimp-user] HATE the new save vs. export behavior

Kasim Ahmic wrote,

Considering that they put a lot of time and effort into GIMP 2.8 and that this issue has been being brought
up for over a year now, I don't think they "quickly rejected" the idea of a toggle.

There are only two things you can do at this point;
1. Stop using GIMP
2. Get used to the new workflow

Or,

3. use this plugin which implements the old way within GIMP:
   http://www.shallowsky.com/software/gimp-save/

(I've never used it.)

I'm a basic user, most of the time. My most common use is to open a BMP,
increase width, crop, resize, and overwrite the exiting image. A prompt
when closing that I have not "saved" is no big deal.

My thanks to the developers.

--
Bob Long