Re: [Gimp-user] How to move layer group

Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2013 21:45:04 -0700
From: west ieee org
To: gimp-user-list gnome org
Subject: Re: [Gimp-user] How to move layer group

A) Move all the layers in that layer group to another (x,y) position:
1. In the Move tool check 'Move the active layer',
2. select the layer group in the Layers dialog,
3. move the layer group around with the Move tool.

Thanks much.  This is what I was trying to do.
I simply did not review the tool options and try that one. My bad.

Note you can use the SHIFT key to toggle between the modes.  Very handy - I personally prefer the tool to be
on "pick an object to move" by default, but I definitely have occasional cases where I need to move something
that's already active but for one reason or another difficult to actually click on (like a text layer).

-- Stratadrake
strata_ranger hotmail com