Re: [Gimp-user] export vs save

---- Kevin Brubeck Unhammer <unhammer fsfe org> wrote:
Burlen Loring <bloring lbl gov> writes:

I'm sure the author(s) feels that it's the best thing since sliced
bread, however, differentiating between save and export in newer gimp
is a ridiculous waste of time. it's so annoying and in efficient that
I feel the need to chime in against it and strongly hope  this change
will be reversed in a future release.

The GIMP developers have stated that they are not reverting the change.
Your options are:

1) learn the new way

2) use this plugin which implements the old way within GIMP:
   http://www.shallowsky.com/software/gimp-save/

3) use the GIMP fork GIMB which reverts the change completely:
   https://github.com/mardy/gimb

And hope that nothing changes in the Gimp core that breaks #1 with each release(which I would absolutely love
to happen each release just for the damned irony of it) and/or that the original plugin author will continue
to support any such changes until the end of time(or someone else will).   Ditto #3...

I find it's just much easier to adapt rather than rely on someone else to continue doing something out of the
goodness of their heart until the end of time(and if they don't, then I have to adapt anyway... so why the
hell not just bite the bullet sooner vs later...)