Re: [Gimp-user] Suggestions for the GIMP

On 02/07/2013 01:03 AM, bgw wrote:
On 02/06/2013 08:08 PM, Myke C. Subs wrote:
Is there a way to make it automatically save in ".xcf.gz" format instead
of uncompressed ".xcf"?
Does this save very much? I have a 45 megabyte xcf file; it reduces to
37 megabytes using gzip. The time taken vs the total compression
makes the exercise questionable in my mind.

My question is not one of concern about how much or how little space is
saved.  I simply save all my XCFs as .xcf.gz's and would like to have
The GIMP automatically do that without me having to manually append a
.gz extension every time.

Is it possible?  If so, how?

Myke