Re: [Gimp-user] Suggestions for the GIMP

On 02/06/2013 10:54 PM, Steve Kinney wrote:
Doing likewise with, for instance, GIMP .xcf files and generic .png
or .jpg files may take some getting used to.  But there is a certain
logic to it.

This "new feature" has caught me by surprise but I understand it and am
adjusting my habits to accommodate it.  XCF is GIMP's native format.  My
problem is always having to tack on an extra ".gz" to every ".xcf" I
save because I prefer them to always be compressed (under Linux).

Is there a way to make it automatically save in ".xcf.gz" format instead
of uncompressed ".xcf"?

Myke