Re: [Gimp-user] Why so COMPLICATED?

On 29 December 2013 17:09, Joao S. O. Bueno <gwidion mpc com br> wrote:
On 28 December 2013 16:15, Richard <strata_ranger hotmail com> wrote:

On a tangent, you just pointed out the biggest flaw with shaped
gradients:  You can't specify a gradient length.  What's the point of
even having it without that functionality?  I'd get faster (more
precise, controllable, etc.) results by brushing the edges by hand.

Note that on the script, I could walk around this by performing
gaussian-blur + levels
on the pasted layer's mask, instead of using gradients.
But indeed,you have a point there. I even went to check if the
"offset" parameter of the gradient-tool could give one the control missing
for shaped gradients, but it has no effect at all.

The worst part is that you HAVE to click AND drag to execute the gradient - simply clicking and releasing
won't engage it.  So GIMP already has a specified gradient length available but is simply ignoring it.

-- Stratadrake
strata_ranger hotmail com