Re: [Gimp-user] Why so COMPLICATED?

Sorry - clciekd on "send" by mistake on the previous message.

On 29 December 2013 17:09, Joao S. O. Bueno <gwidion mpc com br> wrote:
On 28 December 2013 16:15, Richard <strata_ranger hotmail com> wrote:

This question has been asked elsewhere. A solution is to paste the full
object to a new layer, add a layer mask, fill the shape with a shaped
gradient (which is a function of the distance to the outline) and then
use the Brightess/Contrast (2 sliders), Levels (5 sliders), or Curves
(256 sliders) to adjust the blend.

On a tangent, you just pointed out the biggest flaw with shaped gradients:  You can't specify a gradient
length.  What's the point of even having it without that functionality?  I'd get faster (more precise,
controllable, etc.) results by brushing the edges by hand.

Note that on the script, I could walk around this by performing
gaussian-blur + levels
on the pasted layer's mask, instead of using gradients.
But indeed,you have a point there. I even went to check if the
"offset" parameter of the gradient-tool could give one the control missing
for shaped gradients, but it has no effect at all.

-- Stratadrake
strata_ranger hotmail com