Re: [Gimp-user] Layer Opacity Access Point(s) Madness

On 08/31/2013 05:28 AM, Alexandre Prokoudine wrote:
On Fri, Aug 30, 2013 at 10:25 PM, Liam R E Quin wrote:
On Fri, 2013-08-30 at 12:22 +0200, Michael Natterer wrote:

I think the OP is concerned because the opacity slider does not affect the
active layer.

It does.

The UI would be massively clearer if the opacity slider was moved down
under the other layer-specific controls and maybe under the list of
layers, or under the actual layer name - it's not obvious today that the
opacity slider applies to the layer selected in the list beneath it.

IMO, this is worth thinking about. Right now it's not possible to have
an overlook of each layer's opacity. OTOH, one might argue a visible
slider for each layer would clutter UI.

I think the opacity (display) widget should be a small (eg 10x2 or  20x4 pixel) progress bar for each layer.
While I'm at it, a lock widget could be a similarly small green (unlocked) or red (locked) round button. It
doesn't need to actually look like a lock.