Re: [Gimp-user] Layer Opacity Access Point(s) Madness

On 08/30/2013 12:16 AM, Michael Natterer wrote:
TL;DR

Can you please say the same again, in a few readable sentences?

What is broken/missing?

On Thu, 2013-08-29 at 23:26 +0200, PSCS5ImagerConvert wrote:
>GIMP: Opacity Access Obscurity

I think the OP is concerned because the opacity slider does not affect the active layer.

I tried to adjust opacity of a filled layer by changing the slider but could never manage to see anything of the layer below. Seems like I could before 2.8.6 but I don't use it much so I don't recall well.

Bucket fill of a region works reasonably; that's what I've used more often.